Thank you so much for the nomination, Darina!! Go, check out her awesome blog, guys! 😉 (I took a lot of time doing this award… sorry for that! I tend to take my time with these…)
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. How and when did you get into blogging?
I had a small try a bit more than a year back, but it wasn’t much of a success because I didn’t really have the time or the energy a blog would’ve needed. Then last June I decided to give it a real shot. If you’re curious about what’s the idea behind this blog, go visit my first post, The Idea of a Quick Coffee and a Book Review
2. Are there any films that you thought were better than the book?
Only those that were films first! Books and films/TV series are all the best in the form they were born into. At least, that’s my experience.
3. Paperbacks, hardbacks or ebooks?
Either paperbacks or hardbacks – physical books are something wonderful, something with a soul! But when I travel and/or move along a lot I prefer e-format, because it’s more practical.
4. Do you exchange books with family and/or friends?
Yes! My mother and many of my friends are book enthusiasts as well! We exchange books a lot!
5. Which setting of a book was so vivid that you still recall today?
I know it’s a cliché, but I think it’s still Hogwarts and probably always will be. I didn’t read about the wizarding world. I LIVED it.
6. Which character can you imagine becoming your best friend if they were real?
7. Do you prefer standalone books or those with sequels?
It depends. I think every story has its ‘ideal length’. It might be a single novel, or several volumes. Sometimes only a short story. Though authors don’t always choose the right one – and that’s when I hate that it is what it is: either a standalone book or a series.
8. Is there a time of year or certain periods when you read more?
There are periods when I read more and when I read less, but they aren’t following any ‘rules’ I think. They come very irregularly. They’re a cycle that’s sometimes faster, sometimes slower, but doesn’t really follow the seasons or anything like that.
9. Share one of your favourite quotes of the book you are currently reading or have just finished reading.
“What men and women need is encouragement. Their natural resisting powers should be strengthened, not weakened…. Instead of always harping on a man’s faults,tell him of his virtues. Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits. Hold up to him his better self, his REAL self that can dare and do and win out! … The influence of a beautiful, helpful, hopeful character is contagious, and may revolutionize a whole town…. People radiate what is in their minds and in their hearts. If a man feels kindly and obliging, his neighbors will feel that way, too, before long.But if he scolds and scowls and criticizes—his neighbors will return scowl for scowl, and add interest! … When you look for the bad, expecting it, you will get it. When you know you will find the good—you will get that…”
― Eleanor H. Porter, Pollyanna
10. Do you ever skip to the last chapter to find out what happens?
I don’t. Where’s the fun in that?
11. What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community?
People are so friendly and supportive! I don’t see that jealousy I tend to otherwise see in the world: here people want to succeed, but they want other bloggers to succeed, too. That’s something amazing I think, and it’s very rare.
- RoseMarie @ Books and Stuff
- Samidha @ Paperbacks for Life
- Mackenzie @ PhDiva
- Maddie @ Munch Reviews
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight
- Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
- Jen @ Books on the 7:47
- Astrid @ The Bookish Sweet Tooth
- Jill @ Jill’s Book Blog
- Kim @ Nemesis Book Blog
- Allie @ Allie Reads
- Who was the person who first inspired you to read?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?
- Do you read more physical or more e-books?
- Is there a book that people usually read as kids but you only got to it later (like at late teens or adulthood)?
- Do you have a preferred genre or do you read a wide range of genres?
- What motivated you to start a book blog?
- How did you find out about the book blogging community?
- Do you have anybody in your life who’s just as enthusiastic about books as you are?
- If you could choose to live in a book (or rather, in the world of a certain book), which one would you choose?
- Are you a fast or a slow reader?
- Share your favorite quote about reading!
I hope you’ve found my answers reading worthy, and I hope many (if not all) of you will answer mine! 😀 There’s no pressure though, only do this, if you feel up for it! 😉