I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties. Thank you very much, Sibby! You’re awesome! Guys, check out her blog, if you haven’t already, it’s worth it! 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that they asked you
- Come up with 11 questions of your own
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to let them know
1. If there is one trope you could get rid of, which is it?
It might be a cliché answer, but I just can’t with insta love. I love when there’s chemistry at first sight, but in a good book it’s followed by a nice storyline with a fair amount of character and relationship development. It’s not an instant ’til death do us apart…
2. Which is a problematic book/series you love?
Only the Anita Blake series comes to mind, though these days it’s more problematic than something I love, to be honest. But that’s it. I love to hate this series, and hate to love it. I started out really liking it, but it really turned for the bad. And I’m still not over it. I wanted it to continue to be awesome! I used to love it, and now I love to rage about it. (See my raging here and here!)
3. Which character do you despise the most?
Hm, let’s say Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter. She’s the type of person I hate in real life, too, and she happened to be scarily realistic.
4. What series do you want to see adapted?
Well, if I have to say the truth, I don’t think there’s any. I’ve always been way more into books than movies, and a good book-to-movie adaptation is so rare! I just don’t want to see my babies getting ruined.
5. What is your most anticipated read for 2018?
Well, isn’t it a funny question in November? 😀 You know, before I started this blog I usually read books that were published before the current year. That drastically changed with ARCs! 😀 And I’m happy about that, but I still very rarely go ‘omg I have to have that book the minute it’s published‘. Either way, if I have to choose… Right now I’m mostly looking forward to getting a book recently written by my favorite Hungarian authoress, Vavyan Fable (nome-de-plume).
6. Which book do you wish you can read for the first time again?
Harry Potter. Nothing can be compared to the feeling when after a long time a new volume was finally published, and the whole world went crazy.
7. Which pet in a series do you love the most?
No favorites. I’m such a pet fan, I love all of them!
8. Is there an author you can’t stand?
Not really. If I don’t like them, I don’t read another of their books. That way I don’t really get to know if all their work is that annoying, so I can’t exactly say if I can stand them or not.
9. What is your favourite bookish merchandise?
Bookmarks. They’re beautiful AND useful.
10. What series would you love to throw into a fire?
None. I truly believe that even if I find a book/series bad, there are people out there who still might like it, and even if not, it’s still someone’s hard work. So, I am strongly against burning books. Any book.
11. If you could do a crossover series, which two series would you combine?
I’m not sure I’d want to… I’ve always found crossovers awkward. In theory they have the potential to be something awesome, a great experiment, but they rarely live up to it.
- What was the first book you bought for yourself? (can be of your allowance, too, just something you chose and went to buy, not a present from someone)
- Was there a period in your life when you didn’t like reading?
- Have you ever tried to write a book yourself? (have you succeeded at finishing it…?)
- Is there an author you’ve loved ever since you were a child?
- Do you prefer standalone books or series?
- Who’s the writer whose books you auto-buy without thinking, even if you don’t know anything else about the book but the author?
- Is there someone in your family who is as passionate about books as you are?
- Are you a member of any book clubs?
- Do you prefer physical or e-books?
- What was the book that first made you be completely lost in it?
- How many books do you own? (if you don’t know the exact/approximate number, you can describe it with e.g. the size of your bookshelves, etc…)
- Sheila @ The Quiet Geordie
- Zuky @ Book Bum
- Amy @ Amy, the Zany Bibliophile
- Jessica Rachow
- Satia @ Simplest of Pleasures
- Sawyer @ Love, Sawyer
- Sara @ Atomic Asian Reads
- Grace @ Grace Gets Books
- Carolina @ Third Person Limited
- Tammy @ Tammy’s Reading/Writing Life
- Adrienne @ Darque Dreamer Reads
Of course, there’s no pressure, only do this tag/award if you feel like it!! 😉